Trust my experience, a perfect yard is an illusion and dream unless you do a hard, daily job to make it flawless. I’m one of those dreamers that is why my collection of gardening tools is countless. Recently I’ve been searching for the best new grass shears and tested over a dozen of these tools within 2 weeks. To make something of these tests I’ve made a decision to compile the review that may be interesting and useful to all novice gardeners and landscape designers who don’t use grass shears as often as I do.
There are many criteria for picking the gardening tools like shears for grass, but personally I define only 4 major factors to consider before buying:
- Size and weight do matter. For simple works pick lighter tools made of aluminum or fiberglass. For more complicated tasks – choose bigger tools made of wooden or stainless steel materials;
- The same approach is good for blades – pick the tools with shorter blades for up-close tasks, and the shears with longer blades for extensive jobs;
- Cutting mechanism must be very powerful;
- Simplicity of use is extremely important, look for the vinyl-coated handles;
According to the above-mentioned criteria, I picked the best grass shears in the U.S. market (in my humble opinion and numerous tests):
- Swivel Grass Shears – have very sharp blades that swivel 360;
- Fiskars tool is small but very powerful, costs less than $25;
- Corona has extremely sharp and durable blades that I managed easily to re-sharpen. The vinyl-coated handles are also very convenient;
Among other U.S. brands I recommend for this particular instrument: Gardena, Telescopic, Cordless Compact Grass, Garden Growers Grass, Berger.
All the grass shears I’ve picked for this review are actually awesome, due to their overall quality and convenience of use. They will become a perfect addition to any gardener’s collection of shears. What do you think about my criteria and the final choice? I’m very interested in your feedback. Don’t forget to subscribe if you like my content!
Video Tutorial: How to Sharpen Grass Shears